- Emphasize exercise and good nutrition.
- Spend more quality time with your teens
- Monitor online activity
- Talk to your kids and maintain open lines of communication
- Be a good role model
- Set and enforce rules
- Be a good listener
- Catch your teen doing good
- Get help if your teen is struggling
There are a many resources listed below to help parents raising tweens and teens
- Family Resource Centers in the Sweetwater District have many resources for parents and families. (site to insert name of local FRC)
Tips for Raising Teenagers:
Academic achievement data for schools and districts are available online:
- AYP Reports can be accessed on the CDE AYP Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/ac/ay/index.asp
- API Reports can be accessed on the CDE API Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/ac/ap/
- Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) data can be accessed on the CDE STAR Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sr/
- CELDT Accountability Reports can be accessed on the http://celdt.cde.ca.gov/
- CAHSEE Accountability Reports can be found on the CDE Web Page at http://cahsee.cde.ca.gov/
Safe Surfing for Families:
This is a guidebook that offers step by step instructions for setting up your home computer security settings.
“The Teenage Brain Still Under Construction: Parent and Teen Strategies To Build A Solid Foundation.” Workshop open to military families. 17th October. Please RSVP by 14 October.